This is one of my favorite crock pot recipes. I also love to use it when people have babies, are sick, or for pretty much any event!!
Creamy Italian Chicken:Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix – in the isle with the dressing
1/4 cup water
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened – regular, low fat, etc. are all fine
10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken, or mushroom – regular or 98% fat free
1 pkg of egg noodles – really any pasta works for this or rice
1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine salad dressing and water. Pour over chicken
2. Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours (tip: if your crock pot is less than half full the food will cook like it is on high. So either reduce the time, use a smaller crockpot or double the recipe.)
3. Pull out chicken and shred – this is optional but it makes the chicken go further
4. In a small bowl beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender but not dry.
6. Cook pasta
7. Serve pasta and put Creamy Italian Chicken sauce on top.
Let me know if you try this recipe. I would love to know if you like it!