Friday, May 1, 2015
Math is more fun when you can do it in a box:
We created a few fun art projects and hung them up in the school room:
Sammy wrote a pretty great story about his new bike:
We learned all about our bodies in science:
We went on an awesome field trip to a pottery place. The kids got to make pinch pots which we will be picking up today!
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Yep.. this happens.. often.. can we say spoiled Princess Peach:
Like I said…. often:
I was super excited to get up to Northern VA and spend some time with my college friend Steph. She just bought a house and it is AMAZING!!
After some time visiting Steph we were off to Tim’s brother’s house for some cousin time… this doesn’t happen often.. all three of them sitting still and watching a movie:
A warm day meant a nice scooter ride:
Painting his AWANA Grand Prix car:
Banana Split baked oatmeal:
Fun Minute to Win it night at my friend Kim’s house.. we all won prizes!
And more snow.. and someone still loves it while the other dogs were as far away as possible:
My first time cooking Brussels sprouts.. they were delicious!
AWANA Grand Prix Awards:
Tim attempted to fix our old dishwasher.. however there were several broken parts:
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Things have been crazy busy over here and I haven’t sat down at the computer to write out anything in a while. So no better time than the present!! So here you go.. random facts from life lately as they come train of thought to me!
- I have been having computer issues and they are now FINALLY resolved!! Thankfully I backed everything up before my hard drive died!!
- We are closing in on the end of the school year!! Whoohoo!! Hello, May I can’t wait for you to get here!
- I ordered our end of the year test evaluation.. Is it weird I kinda like giving the test to Sammy? Also I think he kinda enjoys taking it!
- I have started planning our curriculum for next year and I am getting pretty excited!! However, I am still missing the core.. I am undecided on what to use for next year.
- Tim and I are going away for a week for our 10 year anniversary next month and I am really looking forward to it!
- Baseball season started last Saturday and Sammy seems to really be enjoying it!
- I spent several hours at the baseball field last Saturday… not exactly what I would have planned for my birthday but it was really fun! (Sammy is the catcher)
- I got a bike for my birthday and promptly ordered a different seat for it *winks*
- I am trying to watch less TV.. the nice weather is helping with that.. but I still would like to watch even less!
- I got a crown last week…. I joked and said it was a birthday present! It didn’t feel like a great birthday present the night I had it done!
- We went on an amazing field trip earlier this month to the safari park!
- Sammy’s birthday is coming up on Saturday! I still can’t quite believe he is 8!
- I have so much stuff to do to get ready for the birthday weekend I am feeling slightly overwhelmed! I stayed up late last night finishing up the light saber party favors (from pool noodles).
- We are trying Sammy on a new allergy medicine. We were having behavioral problems on Claritin so we are giving Allegra a shot. Unfortunately, there isn’t a generic for it. I am hoping it will help him some since he has been sniffling and coughing since before Easter!
- I got One Line a Day (affiliate link) with some birthday money and I am LOVING it!!
- I am taking Sammy back to the orthodontist next week to see if we need to pull some (baby) teeth and make room I his mouth. Sammy is not excited about that visit!
- I clipped off Tipsy’s fur and now she looks ridiculous but she is much cooler and happier!
- Sammy got an ingrown toenail in January. It was pretty bad and required antibiotics. Then the whole nail fell off.. Then the nail started growing out it was to low and growing into the end of the toe. After several doctor’s visits and one not so helpful podiatrist visit we have the toenail finally growing out correctly!
- I have been reading a ton and I need some fiction recommendations! Does anyone have some good fiction recommendations.
- I have determined that watching TV kills Sammy’s imagination. I love when he gets his toys out and plays but that doesn’t happen when TV is an option! Even in limited amounts he still just walks around saying he is bored instead of getting something out to play with! I need to figure out what that means going forward but something I have noticed since he had a TV restriction.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Way back in February we did school *winks*. Here is a few peaks at what we got into this month. I certainly didn’t take a picture of everything but little glimpses of our month!
A trip to the library and someone noticing me sneaking his picture:
Playing chess at the children’s museum:
Some All About Reading fun:
Nancy Larson Science lesson on botany:
Right Start Math game:
Typing up his writing project from WriteShop:
Some reading fun:
Homeschool P.E. riding his scooter to the playground:
Working on his AWANA Grand Prix car:
Reading while waiting on the doctor to take a look at his foot:
Hands on learning about X-Rays:
Fun history reading:
Sammy’s reading has exploded this month and I couldn’t keep up!
Puzzles have been super challenging for Sammy so we have been practicing.. someone was super proud of himself when he did this 60 piece puzzle himself:
Hands on logic learning through the game clue:
Sammy learned the ‘oo’ sound.. I went to switch the laundry over and came back to this on the whiteboard.. I guess he got the lesson:
Some more Nancy Larson Science learning fun:
Home Art Studio fun:
Audio book and coloring:
Monday, April 6, 2015
There are hundreds of reasons to go to a HEAV convention. You could go for the fellowship, the time away, the used curriculum sale, the exhibit hall, graduation, advice, to see a product in person, and the list goes on! I wanted to share a little more about the main reason I go each year.
I LOVE to sit in the workshops and get inspired! HEAV does an amazing job finding speakers each year. The workshops range from teaching you something, helping you to be a better teacher, motivating you for the next year, inspiring you spiritually, and much more!
By the time spring rolls around, I am ready for the school year to be over. I am ready for some more free time, and I am not really looking forward to teaching the next year. Every year after leaving convention, I am excited and ready to tackle the next year!
This year, I have the privilege of giving away a convention pass! So if you are needing a little inspiration for next year, some time away, or just a great place to shop, enter to win this awesome convention pass!a Rafflecopter giveaway