Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Thursday, February 26, 2015
We worked through a geography workbook. Sammy really enjoyed this style of learning and I might switch up a few subjects next year to have a little more textbook style work:
We watched a bunch of tv while we were sick.. sometimes we threw in something educational like Magic School Bus:
Can we count this as home ec?
Building with his erector set:
All About Spelling while standing on a chair:
We made pita bread like the Phoenicians:
We talked about natural and man made landmarks. Sammy thought The Great Barrier Reef was really cool (especially since you can see it from outer space). He drew a picture while we were out to dinner:
Some super cool library books we got at the beginning of the month:
Reading for pleasure (be still my heart):
A glimpse at an All About Reading activity:
I will be linking this up to Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
My small fry and I:
Two really really cool books we got from the library:
Reading just for fun:
Sammy and I had way to much fun with these packing materials! I told him not to use them as pillows for his baby and he proceeded to use them and they stuck to him and cracked us up:
What you don’t have light truss in your family room?
The unthinkable happened and all 3 dogs got into one bed!!
The flu hit (not the stomach variety but the full fledged flu!):
We all got it.. it was rough.. can you spot the lap dog?
We were all finally better and made a trip to Costco.. some of us were even more excited to get out of the house than others:
Earning some extra money with some extra chores:
Building an airplane with his erector set he got for Christmas:
Sammy had his molars sealed and did an awesome job at the dentist!
We had so much fun at the middle school production of James and the Giant Peach:
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Spiritual1. Do several bible studies(4-5) (starting with She Reads Truth) - I have completed one of these and plan to do their Lent study2. Continue serving on the Tech team at church – I have continued to do this one3. Memorize scripture along with Sammy for AWANA – I am actually quite pleased with how well I am doing memorizing along side Sammy
Parenting1. Read 4 parenting books – I am in the middle of one right now
2. Spend quality time with Sammy (outside of "school") each week – I have planned something special for each week other than when we were sick. But even then we played games at home so I am doing well with this goal. 3. Read to Sammy everyday (at least 15 minutes) – I have done well with this goal except for a few days when we all had the flu so I am going to count this as success.
Homeschooling1. Do at least 1 hands on project a week – We have done this. Most have been real basic but Sammy has enjoyed them!
2. Go on at least 1 field trip a month – We made it to one last month.
3. Re-evaluate a few pieces of curriculum we are using
Homemaking1. Participate in Declutter 365 – umm I need to do a catch up day! I have been decluttering but I have not used the calendar at all!
2. Create a workable cleaning schedule and stick to it
3. Repaint and decorate Sammy's room
Personal1. Workout 4 times a week (208 times this year) – I have FAILED here.. I would like to say for the first 3 weeks of the year I was really sick. So now I need to get my act together!!
2. Read 12 non-fiction books - I finished (affiliate links):
4. Watch less than 5 hours of TV a week – I need to work on this
Blogging1. Plan posts a month in advance – Completely failed in all of my blogging goals so far. I am hoping back on the horse and trying again!
2. Write 4 times a week
3. Organize tags and update pages
Wifely1. Do something extra for Tim each week (write a note, make his coffee for work, etc.) – I have not done a good job with this goal. I need to get in the habit of doing this!
2. Read a book on marriage
3. Take a 10 year anniversary trip together – we have one planned
Financial1. Pay off Sammy's medical bills (from his surgery) – we are working on this and hope to be done soon!
2. Setup and maintain weekly financial meetings – we have meet a few times but nothing consistent
3. Create an emergency fun and put $1,000+ in it
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Snuggle Tim at Grandma and Grandpa’s house:
Big belly laughs at Grandma’s dog:
Snuggle time with Aunt Reatha:
Rachel, her boyfriend David, and Nicia all tuckered out:
Star Wars coloring book fun:
Look I went too:
Later that night we had dinner at Tim’s sister’s house and his brother and his girl friend were able to come over then:
Nicia made and served dessert: